Anderson Agostino & Keller, P.C. has numerous attorneys with a depth of knowledge in tax law, including attorneys who currently or previously held their CPA designation. Our attorneys are experienced in handling a plethora of tax issues. The issues include:
- Real Property Tax: We provide services advising, assessing, and appealing taxes. These services are provided to small to medium sized businesses, including agricultural firms, real estate companies, industrial companies, financial institutions, and individuals. Our firm excels at providing these services, in many cases, due to our long standing relationships with government officials and municipal officers.
- State Income Tax Planning and Litigation: Our attorneys are skilled at not only tax planning to maximize tax savings and avoid future litigation, but also advocating for our clients at every stage of litigation including audits, administrative appeals, and appearances before all tax courts.
- Sales and Use Tax: In the digital age of internet sales, our small to medium sized corporate clients benefit from a breath of experience in dealing with these tax challenges. We have experience in determining whether sales tax collection is a legal requirement, structuring transactions to minimize tax implications, eliciting and managing exemptions, resolving multijurisdictional nexus issues, and advising on sales tax rules.
- Federal Tax: Our attorneys not only have experience in advising our small to medium sized corporate clients on business formation tax implications, but we also have experience in advising and planning for all stages of the business. This includes planning to mitigate tax burdens, formulating tax strategies, and even business dissolution.
- Unemployment Tax: State unemployment issues can be a burden on corporations, as well as municipalities. Our attorneys have a depth of knowledge and experience in addressing these issues whether the need arise for assistance in categorizing employees and independent contractors, appeals from determinations of unemployment, merit rate calculations, or other related issues.